The Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN) is your gateway to over 50 North Dakota libraries, including the Bowman Regional Public Library. Check your account, renew materials or place a hold here. Use your library card number and password to access your account .
The Library’s collection includes:
- Books (Fiction, Nonfiction, Young Adult and Children’s picture books) as well as Large Print Adult fiction books
- DVDs and VHS for children
- DVDs for Adults in both fiction and non-fiction
- Audio books on CD, MP3 and Downloadable formats
- Over 100 Magazines and Newspapers
- Special collections: North Dakota materials including a Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University Kiosk
Technology & Internet
- The Library has 18 Public Access computers including:
- 6 public access desktop computers
- 4 public access laptop computers
- Online catalog search terminal
- 6 notebook computers in our Laptop Lab
- 1 Public Access Technology Lab equipped with iMac, Scanner, Microphone, and more.
- The internet is available to all library guests at no cost. You may be asked to relinquish your spot at the computer after 30 minutes during times of heavy computer usage and if someone is waiting. Children must have written parental permission to utilize the public access computers.
- Technology Petting Zoo including Kindle®, iPad®, iPod® touch, and Nook® ereaders & tablets.
- FAX machine is available. The Library may send, but not receive FAXs. $1.00 per page. Ask your librarian for help with this service.
- COPYing services are available at the library for small, limited jobs. Copies are $.10 per page. Double sided copies are $.20 per page. Black & White only. Ask your librarian for help with this service.
Free wireless internet access to users with their own computer. Three hotspots within the library. The Library’s wireless network is not secure. Choose StageNet-BowmanLib from your menu of available networks. This network does not require a password. Library staff cannot assist you with your computer. There is no provision for printing from the wireless network. Your use of the Library’s wireless network must adhere to all Library policies. This network is filtered.
Have a Question? The Librarian may be able to help.
- Research Looking for an obituary? Seeking an answer to a burning question? The librarian may be able to help. Stop in the library, call or email us. We’ll do our best to find an answer.
- Online Library Resources The Library subscribes to many databases filled with information. Explore the Online Library Resources on your own or in one of the Library’s technology Classes. See the calendar for dates & times.
- Instructional classes
The Library offers classes aimed at lifelong learning. See the calendar for dates & times.
Services for Disabled & Homebound.
- Accessibility The Library is ADA compliant with powered doors, accessible restrooms and no stairs.
- See the librarian for the text magnifier available for the vision-challenged. This device was donated by our local Lion’s club and is available for use within the library during library hours.
- Books on Wheels. Library is looking for volunteers to deliver books to homebound patrons whom are unable to come to Library for health or physical reasons. If you would like to volunteer for this service, call or email the library for more information.
- Reader’s AdvisoryWe love to share the titles of the books we are reading and to help you find the best materials that fit your needs. Ask the librarian for help or click here to get started.
- Test Proctoring The Library strives to support opportunities for life-long learning. One of the ways we do this is by offering free proctoring services to our patrons. For more information see the librarian or call 523-3797.
- Income Tax Forms The Library occasionally has Federal and State Income Tax forms available from mid-January to April. The IRS website has links to all forms which may be access and/or printed via computer.
- Spanish Language materials The Library has Spanish language picture books for children as well as Rosetta Stone language software. Come to the library and enhance your English-speaking or Spanish-speaking skills. Thank you to the local and district Rotary Clubs and the Bowman County Commissioners for making this software available to our users.